Advice from Public Health England
Date: 3rd March 2020
We are continuing to monitor and follow Public Health England. Please find below the latest information about the COVID 19 coronavirus from Public Health.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
Yesterday, a new helpline has been launched to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Where to find the latest information
Updates on COVID-19:
Guidance for educational settings:
Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas:
The situation is evolving daily and the advice for returning travellers has been updated on the PHE website.
The guidance for Italy, Iran, and Daegu or Cheongdo (Republic of Korea) applies to individuals who returned from these specific areas on or after 19th February 2020. All other advice is for travellers who have returned within the last 14 days.
- Anyone who has returned from the following areas should call NHS 111 and stay indoors and avoid contact with other people, even if not experiencing any symptoms:
- Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy (10 towns in the Lombardy region and 1 town in the Veneto region see map )
- Special care zones in the Republic of Korea (Daegu and Cheongdo see map)
- Wuhan city and Hubei province
- Anyone who has returned from the following areas and develops symptoms should call NHS 111, stay indoors, avoid contact with other people, even if the symptoms are mild.